I truly believe that ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’ is one of the best films in the last decade.
Naturally, I’m extremely excited for the upcoming sequel ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’. The marketing strategy for this movie has been amazing so far, releasing teaser after teaser after teaser… The producers managed to hype me up for the official trailer a lot. Who knows, maybe that’s why I’m disappointed?
I’m not saying I didn’t like the trailer. It’s just that I was expecting so much more.
What I liked:
- Shows just enough to keep me interested. I still don’t know what the movie is exactly about, but I do know that the Kingsmen (and now Statesmen) will have to deal with something really scary.
- The mansion blows up. That was awesome. And a little worrying, to be honest. What if Roxy dies?
- The special effects are better and there’s a lot more awesome spy tech shown.
- There are more action scenes. Plus, they look even more amazing than last time (although I highly doubt anything can be better than that church scene).
- Confirmation that Harry’s alive. This was pretty much confirmed already, but it felt amazing to see Colin Firth in the flesh portraying Harry once again.
It pains me to say this, but I also didn’t like a couple of things about the trailer.
What I didn’t like:
- Generally, it felt choppy and didn’t tell a coherent story.
- There were not enough Statesmen. I get it that they want to show those guys later on to hype people up closer to the premier of the movie, but it would have been nice to show a bit more of them or at least mention the actual name ‘Statesmen’ in the trailer.
- Basically no Julianne Moore. Really? You could have and should have showed the main villain at least once.
In conclusion, I liked the trailer, but I was expecting it to be better. I’m, of course, still going of watch ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ no matter what because it will be awesome, but they could have worked a bit more to make this first trailer even more spectacular.
Have you seen the first Kingsman movie? What did you think of it? What did you think of the trailer for the sequel? Share your thoughts in the comments section below, please! Don’t forget to like and SHARE this article if you enjoyed it!
Thanks for reading,